The Pen in Hand

 

The Pen in Hand          by Clara Mitchell


My pain is a blessing as I hold tight to my pen.

The pen in hand

Creates from my genius.

The genius is like a genie.

Rub the pen and paper

Let the ink of genius soak deep into the paper.

Soaking up its power and like the anointing,

I move into another place.

It is the secret place where the genius

And poet's inkwells meet up with God.


It is a paradise of revelation.

A holy time and a time to see

Visions from God and hold the new

Ideas as tight as I hold my pen.


My poetry is like a movie premiere.

I must go through many takes before

The director-- in this case, God--

Is ready to finish the process.

A new art is now ready

To attach to the womb

Of the minds eager for new life

From the hand of God's poets.


God's poets, the genius

Will extend the themes to time,

And time will carry the lineage

Into new generations to enjoy.


Oh, the lifetime of poetry

Is eternal when God is the producer.

The poet is a witness and the inkwells

Belong in covenant with God and the poets.


The entire creation is too short for most poetry minds.

The new arrival is awaiting the green light.

The audience finds their favorite reading chair.

If so blessed, the audience will hear the poet's voice

As if they were all in the same room together.

Recite poetry and the poetry will be complete.



By Clara Mitchell 12/7/2023





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Blog or Not to Blog

Winds of Change Continue

Content Creators and More