Steps and More


Steps and More   by Clara Mitchell


I’m in flight again.

I am ascending a flight of stairs

That lead to go higher.








Stanza upon stanza,

I build a staircase.

The reader and I will share in the twists

And spirals of poetry time together.








The evening is now fast approaching.

The light fades with the day.

I gaze out at the stars.

I’m on course like a non-stop flight to finish on time.

I use my oil lamp as my night light.

Making sure it is full. (10 Virgins-Matthew 25:1-13)

I don’t like to stumble in the dark.

God asks us to be ready for His return.



This poem depicts the scriptures in many different ways, and for that reason it would be good to use as a devotional. Psalm 37:23 (our steps) comes to mind as I meditate on the words and pictures shown. Our steps are ordered by the Lord that led us into other moments with Him that take us into the different places according to God's timing for us as we follow Him. We walk by faith not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7. 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winds of Change Continue

Content Creators and More

Redeeming the Time/Devotional by Clara Mitchell 1/2022