On Break

 


by Clara Mitchell







I’m on break between stanzas. 

I am so happy to be on break that I did some break dancing.

There is a time to dance. (Ecclesiastes 3:4 KJV) 

My Sudden outbursts of dancing lift my days.

Break time is almost over. I begin to gather my notes. 

Carefully I arrange each page, side by side for further review.


I reach for my red pen,

Remembering the former days of school

Red ink revisions are ruthless

Words that vie to live are removed. 

Replacements await at each sweeping stroke,

 I must prune my writing.








God is the vine (John 15:5 KJV)

 We are the branches.

 It's in the pruning that we bear more fruit. 

Pruning my writing affects me too. 

It is hard to exchange a part of me. 

The poets or any writer face periods of red ink. 

The pruning is now over for the first draft. 

Our creation is torn apart in a moment--


I rest now as in a score of music. 

Silence fills the air. 

I rest on each note written 

With ease my pen uncovers more. 

There is a rest to the people of God. (Hebrews 4:9 KJV


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Blog or Not to Blog

Winds of Change Continue

Content Creators and More