Music Takes Its Place

 



Music Takes its Place                      

by Clara Mitchell 3/30/2024




As I look back on my life,

I am without the music.

My poetry sits without music.

My life is without music.

My poetry is like a blank score sheet.


Music visits me now.

I continue to write poetry.

Hoping for the words

To find their place in this stanza.

Being out of place

Is sometimes starting too early.

An octet composition can later find room

in eight instruments or voices.

The blank score sheets begin to fill up.




The outcome is in the

scores and sheets of music.

Forever written

Until we become the music.

We play the sounds

Now my poetry is

playing in my mind

against the backdrop of notes.


The octaves rise and fall

When the notes appear.

The piece is set into

Sheets of music

Only to play in

Times of need.

It's angelic sounds

Console me.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winds of Change Continue

Content Creators and More

Redeeming the Time/Devotional by Clara Mitchell 1/2022