Inspiration at Work

 

Inspiration at Work        by Clara Mitchell


A time for nature, me and my poetry.

Which of the three do I fancy the most?

Poetry takes me out of the norm.

I drink of this art every chance I can get.



Poetry can be a release of sudden inspiration.

Its purpose is timely for nature and me.

In nature, I walk and talk with God.

I want to let him know we are collaborating.


Nature opens up a theme park to me.

The themes reveal secrets about life.

Discoveries are found in nature walks.

Inspiration uncovers new places and 

Meaning that was lost in prior walks.


When I begin to connect with nature,

The appearances of poetry are surrounding me.

God shows up then a bird captures my eye.

At once-- I am not alone with my thoughts.


The verses are erupting into poetry.

Nature hears my familiar steps.

Nature calls me to walk off the path.

I find that when I leave the walking path,

I leave time behind.

I embrace the grace of God.

The grace that calls the words that

Demand to open scenery.

Unearthing thoughts as deep as tree roots--

I am in a stupor of revelation about to faint.


The night is here now. 

The moonlight helps me to write.

Time got away.

I left the familiar path.

I am walking by faith now.

A poet's divine steps are by faith.

The pen is there to record every

Discovery that was formerly hid.

It is a divine awakening when we step

Out in faith and God is behind it all.


The depths of poetry are far reaching.

Again, like God in so many ways.

Reading the Word of God is far reaching--

The poetic verses found in the Bible

Tell us more and more about

The layers of God and His Word.

Amen.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winds of Change Continue

To Blog or Not to Blog

Content Creators and More